Wednesday, July 14, 2010

If I only knew~



If I only new~
If I only new that you were going to ignore me..
If I only knew that you were having an affair with another...
If I only knew that you stopped wanting to make love to me....
If I only knew that you would stop being my truest  friend...
If I only knew that you were not going to want me to be with you when you went out...
If I only knew that you were going to put me at the bottom of your list of care and  priorities...
If I only knew that I would become that partner that was complained about at your  work-place...
If I only knew that you would stop communicating with me and chose someone else's time and ear...
If I only knew that our lives were going to choose different directions and not look back...
If I only knew that you did not understand the true meaning of the word partner or commitment....
If I only knew that I would be doing 80 % of the work in order to maintain and keep our relationship strong...
If I only knew that you would be the one that would rape me of my confidence, self-esteem and myself...
If I only knew that the one I most trusted, cherished and loved would be the one to initially break my heart...

If I only knew...


After reading this...does it not make you want to be damn sure that you have taken the time and patience to really know as much as you could possibly know about the person that you are choosing to hold and protect your heart?
Most of my thoughts are directed towards making sure and knowing that you are not going to be the one writing that little poem of misery I have just shared with you~
There is no perfect situation or relationship...so stop looking for it. There is no promise of a lifetime relationship as people do die. But what there is...is a knowledge and an awareness that only comes with time well spent in getting to know your partner before you hand over your heart and soul.
People do change...yes..that is a given fact. It is..... in which direction..  they change and how aware of their change.. 'you are'..  that is the key in your ability to change in the same direction... or not.
You are not simply shopping for a new pair of jeans here or a new car...which many people are guilty of spending more time and concern doing as apposed to who they chose for a partner.
There are a lot of good relationships out there and those relationships are built of trust and respect for each other. They are not built on hopes and dreams or fantasies of what we see displayed on daytime television. 'Anything worth having is worth waiting for'....we have all heard those words of wisdom so many times,  but do we ever stop and apply them? Waiting and working for something earns rewards and it also comes with a solid foundation which is vital to any successful relationship.
Awareness of who this person really is and where he comes from is the air that allows your relationship to breathe freely later on.
Watch this person out in public...watch how their friends treat them, who their friends are. Watch how they react to certain situations. Get to know a lot of who they were before you both met... who their families are...the relationships they have with their family and friends.
All of these things will be very helpful in your really getting to know your potential partner.
Most of all and I have said this hundreds of times...lift up those love blinders...and look at this person as a potential partner for your sister or best friend...how would you scale them for a person you care about. Once you have acknowledged who they are and not who you want them to be...then you can lose yourself on that oh so sweet feeling of love~


~A Vital Key....be true to yourself in who you are..
 .. then you will be able to identify the right partner for you~



~D~






Share/Bookmark

Post a Comment